Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Catching up

We've filmed a few of the special effects shots for Devil's Vein recently.  So far so good.  I have quite a few more to acquire before all is said and done.  I have edited together 1 hr, 10 min of the movie, albeit, in rough edit form.  Still, it's exciting to see it come together though losing so much original footage requires a lot of nips and tucks to what should have been a very fit movie.  One scene, in particular, will be difficult to live without, I haven't actually decided on how I will handle it.  I'll probably just cry, then get over it.

I've written another script, a romantic comedy/drama that excites me.  I am also in talks with another writer, and it is very likely that I will soon be involved with getting this production off the ground, to whatever degree he wants my assistance.  That is awesome.  He has a great script and it will only get better after he does a rewrite or two.  I look forward to the potentiality of being involved with it.

I have a lot of things going on in my life right now, some I want to get behind me, and hope to do so damn quickly.  Anyway, I am thankful to have a wonderful wife at my side as I navigate through, around and over this crap that is trying its best to knock me down.  I love her.  She's my best friend.  And, my little dude...he definitely puts the wind in my sails as I navigate the rough waters.  I love him so much.  Two lighthouses on the shore, always shining brightly, keeping me on my path.